Monday, March 9, 2009

ARE YOU KIDDING ME...!!!

So this was my response when I recieved a text message from my neighbor Julie that said, "Hey, Logan told Emily that Corbin Pee's under his stairs in the basement so that he doesn't have to take a break from playing!" WHAT!! Are you kidding me? So, then I start thinking... No way, this can't be for real. They are boys, they must have been joking around and Corbin said something like that, but he would never really DO IT! (RIGHT?)

Then I get home and decide to check it out...wouldn't you know it...it's true!!! I told Travis and he walked down and says "I thought that our house was leaking or something and I have been trying to figure out where the water was coming from." (Little did he know THE WATER WAS COMING FROM HIS SON'S PEEP!)

Yeah, I was furious... Corbin was sent to his room for the night...no for the week!

And then comes Family night, and I am in charge. I start reading the story about some girl that needs to "stand uprightly" and I start relating it to making good choices and how we stand taller when we make good choices...and then I read the story outloud...and wouldn't you know it, it ends with the idea that everyone makes mistakes and it is okay as long as you try your hardest to do what is right... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I am learning a lesson on being a better mom and not freaking out on my kid! RIDICULOUS!

8 comments:

Stacie said...

That is so funny! Although I know the frustration. My boys use to pee in the coolers downstairs.

Ali Miller said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That was the best story I've heard in a long time. THANKS! And, yea - letting your kids make mistakes and not FREAK OUT is the hardest lesson I am still learning today!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny! I would have freaked out too. Oh, life with boys :)

The Simonson Family said...

Chadli, that is so funny! Oh, reminds me of my brothers peeing in the corner of the closet because they were to tired to go across the hall to the toilet! Boys!!!

Eric and Maryn said...

Oh brother... is this what I have to look forward to? Ellie never peed in a corner! What is it with boys?!! Cute story!

Chapman Herd said...

Sounds like I need to finish the bathroom in my basement because I currently have three boys residing there!

Corbin bracks me up!!

great Story!

Kamri Goff said...

When my brothers peed in the corners of the finished basement, my sister tried to clean it up with bleach and put some nice bleach spots on the new carpet. i am not sure what my mom was more angry about, the pee or the bleach. we still talk about it. it was hilarious. i think all boys do that at some point.

Kathy said...

Cute little Corbin really pees in the basement?? I can't believe it. I loved how your husband was trying to find where the 'leak' was coming from. Oh, these boys!!