Friday, November 14, 2008

I realize that it has been a while since I have added anything new, but the main idea behind me starting this BLOG THING was so that I didn't have to scrapbook my life or write in a journal. I was just simply going to print off the pages. Sounds easy right... well not when you get 6 months into it and haven't printed anything. So I thought, I am not going to get into the Holidays and have to go back and print off all of that stuff too!
In the meantime I am looking around at blogs and starting to get worried, don't you people know that this is how I see what's happening in your lives without actually having to be social! HELLO! If you are all private, this is going to be really hard to keep track of you! Okay, so now the real question, I have 3 boys, do I really need more privates in my life? :) (A.K.A. why should I go private? Be honest, give me the low down, I don't have time for your ramblings, but if you can give it to me Short & Sweet I'd love to hear your thoughts!)

15 comments:

Ali Miller said...

I'm not - but when you get 20 visits a month, and 15 of them are you... there's not real reason. I have more - but later - at FHE.

Me, Myself and I said...

ABOUT PRIVATE:
Okay, your private joke was way funny ha ha.

Oh, everyone got freaked out over that story on KSL about a lady who had her images taken and manipulated, so they all turned their blogs to private.



ABOUT PRINTING YOUR BLOG:
I found a website (www.blurb.com) that was supposed to take your blog and turn it into a book. So I downloaded their software. Unfortuntely, even though it says it works with Blogger... it doesn't [long story that I won't bore you with]. ANYWAY,I am still going to turn my blog into a book - cut and paste style. And, I'd be willing to do it for you too, I know how very busy you are. For small compensation, though, I mean, I'm a desperate SAHM here, just trying to do anything to stay busy. Just throwing it out there.

Chapman Herd said...

PER-VERTS! That is my reason....yet I continue to be not private. I have mixed emotions about the whole private blog thing!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering where you've been! You don't have to be private, but if you want some pros, I decided to go private to have more control over who sees it. I didn't think there were that many people that did, and at first I wanted people to find me, but now that I'm "established" and I pretty much have the people I want, it was time for me to close it down and protect the info I put out there. Some creepy 13 yr old girl made a comment on my blog about 3 weeks ago and mentioned she would be adding my blog as a link to hers so everyone could "check it out". That's when I realized it was time to close the door. I sent you an invite to mine, did you not get it? Let me know.

Cami said...

I am totally wondering the same thing! A few people on our lists have done that?! I am curious. I am going to keep up on your blog to see what you find out. If you go private, let me know via email. Yes, we do miss our syracuse ward a ton!!!!! How are all of the boys, I am sure you have all of the time on your hands with them!!! (I am kidding)

Anonymous said...

Chadli- I love your comments. You crack me up. I agree. What is up with all of the Private blogs? I will have to see what people say. I may need more 'privates' in my life with just the one girl... Love ya, Ashlee

Chris and Kerri said...

Hey Chadli...for me I am not going private. Haven't had any problems or stalkers so stick with me DON'T DO IT!

Taylor Family said...

I hate when people go private but I understand their reasons. I love looking into peoples lives and seeing what they are up to.

Brooke said...

WOW! I better say what I have to say and be done! Don't want the wrath of Chadli. You can go to snapfish.com and they will print your blog for you in color, and send it to you in a nice book for only $30.00 or so. I'm gonna do that at the end of the year, so I have each years worth. I think I am going private, haven't decided for sure. YOu can thank KSL for everyone going private! Ok I'm done!

Stubbart said...

Do it! Short enough?

Allie said...

my issue had nothing to the with the KSL thing. I had been thinking about it for awhile, and when I ran into an old neighbor that i found to be creepy, i relized that they can run into mine, and sorta freaked me out. :) I will invite ya if you want, I dont care how many look as long as i know who they are...blah blah blah i went long. I may undo it someday...who knows...i am a woman and can change my mind with the day HAHAH

sweet nectar sara said...

wellllllll, i don't like private either. so i figured i probably will want to protect my kids' names and info eventually, so i changed the name of our blog now. in my opinion if you don't have too personal of info and you don't let anonymous people comment and maybe even add a stat counter, you can monitor it pretty well. i feel i've made mine more protected without going private. you never know i guess.

and by the way, don't you have 4 privates in your life? just wondering... maybe i should mind my bizznez.

are you going to twilight on friday?

Amy said...

Hey this is Stacie's cousin. I agree with you. What is up with private? I love being able to go on people's blogs and just see how they are doing or what they are up to. On my blog list I can tell when they last updated, but if they go private it doesn't track that. And then there is the whole logging in thing in order to even get on their blog to use it. I know it is good to be safe but another person put it just right, anyone on the street can see your kids, if they are playing at the park their are people that see them and could easily stalk you that way even though it is creepy to think about. And then people in the stores come up and talk to your kids and say how cute they are and you always encourage your kids to be polite and cute and say hi back. What is the difference? Just don't put too much info on your blog and you should be fine.

Shannon said...

I'm with you Chadli, no private for me. Glad I found yours, I love seeing all of us growing up into adults with kids! Crazy!

Danielle said...

You make me laugh...

Dani