Monday, September 1, 2008

8 years and counting...



Today is mine and travis's 8th anniversary...WHAT A RIDE... :) (so many things to say to that! but this is your moment to stop reading if you are an offended type) We have had a lot of fun, here are just a few of the things I love most about trav...
- Seeing him in a brand new outfit to go to an office party with me (this was before we were dating)
- hearing him for the first time quote half a movie because some lady cut us off in the car which sparked a memory of some random movie line that starts off "hey you stupid Bi#?!" ...he can still quote the whole thing, I am sure when he reads this I will hear it again!
- Watching him start to tear up across the alter; when some mother's day thing hits; when we have our first, second and third child...all the while I am sitting there thinking, "oh crap I have got to make myself cry now." He really is a softy.
- When we are sitting around playing with friends, family, whoever really (yeah, probably you too) and someone says something dumb and we both are thinking the same thing at the same time and nudge each other at the same time under the table.
-That he fills up my gas tank, even at 10:00pm when I have just remembered that the light has come on.
- When we wrestle (the clean kind) and he thinks he has me pinned and then all I have to do is free up a hand to even try to tickle him and he just starts laughing.
-That he likes a Coke slurpee as much as I do! no matter what the circumstance.
- Most of all I love to watch him play with our kids, he is the best dad I have ever seen, he is so involved and they love being with him. Everytime i talk to other women about all of the things he does for our family they are always amazed, but that is because he is amazing. this is one of my very favorite videos...I hope you enjoy it like I do whenever I see it!

10 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

Love that Video! Isn't it great to have a good Dad for your kids? Jeff is the Same! Congrats on 8 years! We'll see you soon at kiddie Kollege!

Allie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the video!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I found your blog from allie's. You are so funny! I remember when you taught a lesson in RS and I was cracking up. I went home and told my hubby all about it! Did you guys go on a trip? That picture on the beach made me want to really bad. HAHA

Brooke said...

Too cute! He is a good dad! Congrats on 8 years, thats awesome. Many more good years will follow.

Katie Voorhees said...

Happy Anniversary! We hit ten this year, I am still in denial!

Melody said...

Chadly Do Dah,
I found your blog from Kara's blog, from another blog, blog, blog, blog. What a darling family. I can't believe that your twins are 1yr already. My how time flies. What a fun way to keep up on friends lives. Maybe one day I will create a blog and everyone can see how boring of a life Randy and I live as "empty nesters" (its a bunch of bird shx#.) Love ya lots,
Melody

sweet nectar sara said...

great post (you big sap) :) what the heck is that guy doing in the background of your awesome picture?

Stubbart said...

8 years? Man you're old!

HaleynTraynClint said...

8 years!! Wow that is such a great accomplishment.. April just had her 10th year a few weeks ago... Hey i made it to my fifth and thought this sucks..NExt.. ha ha just playn..
Oh and Tray and I moved to Bountiful about three weeks ago.. I love it here! It feels good to get away from cldf/layton area cause that's all I have known.. I love the area.. Everyone is so friendly.. So it's been great so far..
Well anyways congrats again.. You guys are really cute together.. :)
Bye
Haley

Jeri Dawn said...

HI! I too found your blog through a blog of a blog of a blog. Tell "Wally" that Jason and Jeri Dawn said hi. Cute video. I was waiting for Travis to hit a rock and flip over the top and break something!